Thursday, June 16, 2011

We want people who: have a blog!

While job hunting at work, I came across a posting for an interesting position as an account manager for a web-based business emphasizing that qualified applicants should have a blog in addition to many other professional requirements.

Well shiiiitttt..... 


I continued to ponder the pros and cons of obtaining and maintaining a blog so that people could easily access my ... what would they access? What could I possibly have to say that hasn't already been said on Huffington Post?

Then I spoke to my friend Laura, who was recently offered at a position at a company I love and she said of all people I should have a blog.

You know what? YOU'RE RIGHT!


I AM well equipped to write and update a blog full of useful information using my critical thinking skills that I honed at one of the top 100 best public universities in the world - that's right, THE WORLD. After writing about the effects of xenophobia in unified Germany on the transplanted Turkish population, a counter-factual retelling of the Battle of Pharsalus, and the effects of political rhetoric on the American perception of welfare this should be a piece of cake!

After literally hours of scouring the internet and finding obscure, but useful, facts about the world around us I would like to present a daily intellectual morsel on one of five themes for each day of the week: Money Mondays, Trending Tuesdays, Wake-Up Wednesdays, Throwback Thursdays, and Sci(ence)Fri(day). I'm really excited about this as I will have my assistants, Dopher Grace and Jameson Rocker, helping me in my discovery of new internet goodness.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to SciFri tomorrow!! :-) Congrats and welcome to crumbling world of internet bandwidth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear about the effects of xenophobia in unified Germany on the transplanted Turkish population. Having lived in the pre-unified Germany (what is that anway), I'm just curious.

    ReplyDelete